November 2022 marks the one-year anniversary of the release of my book, Influence. Looking back over this past year, I could never have imagined how important this work would be. I’ve had the privilege of inspiring thousands of leaders and HR professionals to grow into the person of influence they aspire to become.
I’ve had amazing opportunities to share the SCALE Your Influence framework in conference and corporate keynotes, workshops, lunch & learns, and in my coaching. I’m moved when people come up to me afterwards to share how something touched them.
One HR leader told me that during my session, reflecting on her influence triggered a lightbulb for her. She was compelled to immediately reach out to resolve a concern with an employee using a different approach to influence in that situation. The outcome? They were able to retain that employee.
There are a couple of reasons why I think this message particularly resonates:
- In this environment where the workplace is shifting and companies can’t fill open jobs, your best strategy is to retain good talent. Expectations among employees have changed. Leaders must learn to lead differently. How you influence is a core leadership skill. One of the primary reasons people still leave an organization is because of a bad boss. You can’t afford for old practices to continue.
- As organizations attempt to reinvent themselves, HR has never been in a better position to lead this evolution because of the needs around human capital, upskilling, and culture. Yet, HR often doesn’t have the seat at the table where they can influence the important decisions around the direction of the organization and its ability to actually achieve the strategic vision. The SCALE framework guides HR professionals in how to gain greater respect and credibility, and have greater impact.
My mantra for influence is that “Influence is more about how you live than what you do.” Influence resonates from WHY we do what we do and HOW we care for and interact with others.
If you want to learn more about how to SCALE Your Influence, check out https://influencewithscale.com
Have you read Influence? I would appreciate your gift of a review on Amazon.
If you have purchased either Resilience Ready: The Leader’s Guide to Thriving Through Unrelenting Crises or Influence in Talent Development through Amazon (Kindle or hardcopy), I would appreciate it if you could take a few minutes to leave a short review.
If you have never left a review before, don’t worry, it’s easy. Here are the instructions:
- Go to the product detail page for the item. If you’ve placed an order for the item, you can also go to Your Orders
- Click Write a customer review in the Customer Reviews section.
- Select a Star Rating. A green check mark shows for successfully submitted ratings.
- (Optional) Add text, photos, or videos and click Submit.